Scotia Bank - Emergency Power Expansion
The project involved the engineering for the installation of a new back-up generator system to provide emergency power for the tenant’s data operation centre.
The four new emergency generators are Bi-Fuel (Diesel & Natural gas fired) with a capacity of 750kW each. The generators were installed on the roof of the 6 storey building adjacent to the main tower. They were manufactured with an outdoor enclosure and day tank within each base.
A new diesel oil storage tank was installed in a new diesel storage room located in the parking garage on the lowest level. Oil pipes are routed throughout the building and to the roof in a sealed enclosure that allows for leak monitoring.
Highlights for this project include:
• Coordination with building facility management, architects and other trades
• Design of oil supply system including new oil tank, pumped transfer system and leak monitoring
• Coordination with TSSA
• Design of natural gas systems and coordination with Enbridge
• HVAC design for the new electrical room on the roof and oil tank room
• Life safety systems design
Project services included feasibility planning, conceptual design, detailed engineering & design, construction review and contract administration.