Queen's Park - Tenant Fit-Up
This project involved the engineering for a complete tenant fit up for the 10th & 11th floors (approximately 50,000 square feet) of the Ferguson Block in the Queen’s Park Complex.
The project involved the upgrading of the heating, ventilation and air conditioning system, fire suppression system, plumbing, drainage, and various building automation system components and ventilation requirements to meet LEED C.I. Platinum requirements.
LEED Credits targeted for the project included:
• EA Credit 1.3 – Optimize Energy Performance, HVAC
• EA Credit 1 – Outdoor Air Delivery Monitoring
• EQ Credit 2 – Increased Ventilation
• EQ Credit 7.1 – Thermal Comfort (Compliance)
• EQ Credit 7.2 – Thermal Comfort (Monitoring)
• WE Credit 1.1 & 1.2 – Water Efficiency
LEED modifications included:
• Increasing fresh air requirements by a minimum of 30%.
• Addition of exhaust fans within meeting rooms controlled by CO2 sensors to ensure adequate fresh air is supplied to the room even if the VAV boxes are operating at their minimum positions.
• Installing CO2 sensors to monitor CO2 levels.
• Installing humidistats to monitor humidity levels.
• Installing filters on all return grilles and ducts (during construction period) to protect the base building ventilation system from construction dust.
• Utilizing low flow water fixtures (urinals, water closets and faucets).
Project services included feasibility planning, conceptual planning, detailed engineering & design, construction review and contract administration.