MAT 4Site Engineers has been retained as part of a design team to complete the mechanical engineering design for a new high rise residential condominium building at 50 Hall Road in Halton Hills, Ontario.
The building consists of 56 luxury residential apartments and common spaces over 11 above ground levels; and 2 underground levels with parking and common areas. This facility is quite unique to the area and has been designed with many thoughtful touches meant to enhance the satisfaction of the occupants.
The building has been designed to meet all current requirements of the Ontario Building Code (OBC) and all applicable standards. Energy modelling was completed by the project team to validate that the facility will meet (or exceed) the energy efficiency requirements of the OBC.
The mechanical systems include:
• High-efficiency, standalone, packaged terminal air conditioning units with gas fired heating and DX cooling in each apartment
• A central, roof mounted make up air unit supplying air into the corridors
• Plumbing and drainage systems (storm and sanitary)
• Fire protection systems
• Stairwell pressurization systems
• Natural gas supply to all gas-fired equipment, including the emergency power generator
The project is currently in the construction phase.
The project involved feasibility planning, conceptual design, detailed engineering & design, construction review and contract administration.